This page features resources that complement Association Virtual Events: State of the Sector, a report from Tagoras that provides data, in-depth analysis, and case studies for the emerging trend of virtual events, conferences, and trades shows in the trade and professional association sector. (To get a free copy of the report, simply sign up for our newsletter.)
If you have great virtual event resources you would like to share, please contact us.You can read through the whole page or use the links below to jump to the topics that interest you. To explore other resources, go to our main Resources page.
- Video definition of virtual conferences
- 20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events
- Sample virtual event landing pages
- Whitepaper on 100-percent online conferences
- Survey on hybrid events
- Virtual event technology and services providers
Check out this Leading Learning interview with Phil Mershon of Social Media Examiner. Virtual Conferences are at the core of Social Media Examiner’s highly successful business model.
Video Definition of Virtual Conferences
This just-under-five-minute clip from ASTD provides a practical definition of a virtual conference.
20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events
This downloadable PDF provides just what the title says–tips drawn from our online surveys and discussions with a wide range of associations who’ve offered virtual events to help you make your virtual event a success. Get your free copy of “20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events.
Sample Virtual Event Landing Pages
The following are links to the Web pages or micro-sites for a range of associations that have offered virtual events. They can help you get a better feel for what other organizations are doing or have done in the past.
- ASHRAE Virtual Conferences
- Association of College and Research Libraries Spring Virtual Institute
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (Various Virtual Meetings)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Case Studies in Fluency Disorders Online Conference
- Healthcare Financial Management Association Virtual Healthcare Finance Conference
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization Virtual Conference
- Public Library Association Virtual Conference
- Social Media Success Summit
- United States Distance Learning Association Virtual Conference
White Paper on 100-Percent Online Conferences
In “Getting It Right: Five Steps to Planning a Successful 100% Online Conference” is a concise look at the typical components of a completely virtual conference and offers an overview of three real-world 100-percent online conferences.
Survey on Hybrid Events
Virtual Event Technology and Service Providers
The following companies provide virtual conference platforms, services related to use of those platforms, or both. We’ve focused the list on organizations that have experience working with associations and provide services as well as technology (which is why you won’t find Adobe Connect, Elluminate, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Live Meeting, WebEx, and the like below.)
- Blue Sky eLearning
- Meeting Tomorrow
Do You Know About Learning • Technology • Design (LTD)?
LTD is a learning experience designed specifically for professionals in the business of continuing education and professional development. The goal of the event is to help attendees find new and better ways to engage learners and create lasting impact through the effective use of technology.
To find out more, visit the event Web site.