Virtual Events Online Resource Center
This page features resources that complement Association Virtual Events: State of the Sector, a report from Tagoras that provides data, in-depth analysis, and case studies for the emerging trend of virtual events, conferences, and trades shows in the trade and professional association sector. (To get a free copy of the report, simply sign up for our newsletter.)
If you have great virtual event resources you would like to share, please contact us.You can read through the whole page or use the links below to jump to the topics that interest you. To explore other resources, go to our main Resources page.
- Video definition of virtual conferences
- “20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events”
- Sample virtual event landing pages
- Sample virtual event videos
- Whitepaper on 100-percent online conferences
- Virtual event technology and services providers
Check out this Learning Revolution interview with Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner. Virtual Conferences are at the core of Social Media Examiner’s highly successful business model.
Video Definition of Virtual Conferences
This just-under-five-minute clip from ASTD provides a practical definition of a virtual conference.
“20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events”
This companion piece to our Association Virtual Events 2012: State of the Sector report provides just what the title says–tips drawn from our online surveys and discussions with a wide range of associations who’ve offered virtual events to help you make your virtual event a success. Get your free copy of “20 Tips for Successful Virtual Events.”
Sample Virtual Event Landing Pages
The following are links to the Web pages or micro-sites for a range of associations that have offered virtual events. They can help you get a better feel for what other organizations are doing.
- Association of College and Research Libraries 2012 Spring Virtual Institute
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Virtual Poster Session
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (Various Virtual Meetings)
- American Society for Training & Development 2011 Move People Forward (Virtual Companion to TechKnowledge)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Case Studies in Fluency Disorders Online Conference
- ASHRAE Chicago 2012 Virtual Conference
- ASHRAE HPB 2012 Virtual Conference
- FETC Virtual Conference & Expo Fall 2011
- Healthcare Financial Management Association Virtual Healthcare Finance Conference
- HIMSS Health IT Virtual Conference & Expo 2012
- NC Distance Learning Association Virtual Conference 2011
- Public Library Association 2012 Virtual Conference
- Public Library Association 2010 Virtual Conference
- SES The Society for Standards Professionals Virtual Conference 2011
- Special Libraries Association Virtual Conference Component 2011
Sample Virtual Event Videos
We note in the Association Virtual Events 2012 report that many associations create videos to help promote their virtual events and educate their prospective attendees. Here are a few examples:
- ACCA Virtual Conference 2009
- ANCC Virtual Poster Session
- ASAE Virtual Annual Meeting
- ASTD TechKnowledge 2010 Virtual Conference
- ASTD 2009 Virtual Conference
- SLA Virtual Conference Component
- XBLR International Conference 2009
White Paper on 100-Percent Online Conferences
In “Getting It Right: Five Steps to Planning a Successful 100% Online Conference” is a concise look at the typical components of a completely virtual conference and offers an overview of three real-world 100-percent online conferences.
Virtual Event Technology and Service Providers
The following companies provide virtual conference platforms, services related to use of those platforms, or both. We’ve focused the list on organizations that have experience working with associations and provide services as well as technology (which is why you won’t find Adobe Connect, Elluminate, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Live Meeting, WebEx, and the like below.)
- Blue Sky Broadcast
- Meeting Tomorrow
- Peach New Media
Do You Know About Learning • Technology • Design (LTD)?
LTD is a learning experience designed specifically for professionals in the business of continuing education and professional development. The goal of the event is to help attendees find new and better ways to engage learners and create lasting impact through the effective use of technology.
LTD will take place on May 18 and 19, 2016 at the NRECA Conference Center in Arlington, VA. To find out more and register, visit the event Web site.