The following are some free resources that can make the whole process of finding and selecting the right LMS a whole lot easier. To explore other resources, go to our main Resources page.
- A List of Association LMS Providers (Blog Post – Regularly Updated)
A complete list of all of the LMS providers we currently track along with links to brief profiles (as available) and interviews.
- Tagoras 7-Step LMS Selection Process Infographic (Blog Post & PDF)
A visual version of the process we use with our clients and recommend for all organizations when selecting an LMS.
- AMS-LMS Integration: A Primer (Blog Post)
An overview of the key types of integration between association management systems and learning management systems and some of the critical factors to consider.
- How to Choose an LMS: Use Cases Don’t Lie
Walking through your most critical uses cases in detail is one of the best ways to ensure that the system you license will actually do what you most need it to do.
- 4 Key Association Learning Technology Trends (Blog Post)
Some important trends to be aware of if new learning technologies are in your future.
- Learning Management System Vendor Interviews (Audio and Video)
We’ve conducted a series of 20 brief interviews with representatives from major providers of LMS software to the association sector. These provide good information about the companies, but more importantly, they also provides a range of insights into the challenges and opportunities associations encounter as they implement e-learning.
- Learning Management System Pricing (Blog Post)
Overview of price ranges for LMSes popular in the trade and professional association market.
- Key E-learning Standards (PDF Article)
This article offers a brief overview of key organizations and the standards or models they provide for e-learning. Included are AICC, SCORM, xAPI (Tin Can), IMS Global, Medbiquitous, and Section 508.
- Definitions of Key Learning Platform Technology (PDF Resource)
This brief resource briefly defines key learning platform technologies, including CMS, LCMS, LMS, LRS, and TMS.
- What the Experience API is – and Why You Should Care (Blog Post)
An overview of one of the more important current topics in learning management.
- 8 LMS Pitfalls to Avoid (Blog Post & PDF Resource)
A brief overview of 8 issues that can rear their heads when selecting and implementing an LMS.
- Learning Platform Selection Discussion Guide (PDF Resource)
This resource contains questions an organization may need to ask when developing requirements for a learning platform and undertaking a selection process. The questions are not targeted at specific platform features. Rather, they are intended to surface general issues and circumstances that the implementation of a learning platform may help address. Organizations can use these questions as a discussion guide.
Have questions, or need help with your LMS selection process? Contact us.
Do You Know About Learning • Technology • Design (LTD)?
LTD is a learning experience designed specifically for professionals in the business of continuing education and professional development. The goal of the event is to help attendees find new and better ways to engage learners and create lasting impact through the effective use of technology. To get more details, visit the event Web site.