Results Direct EducationDirector
The following are highlights from the Results Direct EducationDirector profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
Results Direct holds the distinction of being the only company in this report that focuses solely on membership organizations. While the company chose not to disclose the total number of associations using its EducationDirector system, the American Society of Association Executives, the American Bankers Association, and the Institute for Supply Management are among its clients.
- The EducationDirector system provides not only for managing the delivery of e-learning content but also for authoring online courses and assessments. This includes the ability to author on-demand, self-paced learning experiences and asynchronous experiences that take advantage of integrated discussion board capabilities.
- Results Direct offers a number of different Web technologies in addition to learning management and maintains a strong focus on integrating these technologies with association management systems. EducationDirector has been integrated with a wider range of AMS systems than any other LMS in this report.
- Course authoring in the EducationDirector system is straightforward and appears relatively easy to master. We particularly like the “Copy to Notebook” functionality that can be made available to the learner on course pages. This tools makes it possible for a learner to easily flag parts of the course she finds particularly valuable or that she would like to review.
- The ability to associate a discussion board with a course is valuable, and the system also allows instructors to grade a discussion.
- EducationDirector provides good capabilities for managing credits, certificates, and transcripts—all important components of the average association e-learning initiative.
- Results Direct consults with associations on content management and mobile design and development and offers its CMSPlus and MemberBrief applications for more informal, just-in-time learning.
While EducationDirector may not be quite as feature-rich or configurable as some of the costlier systems covered in this report, Results Direct’s indisputable experience in and knowledge of the association market is a strong asset for any organization launching or expanding an e-learning initiative.
To purchase the full Results Direct profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about EducationDirector, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find out more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.