Peach New Media Freestone
The following are highlights from the Peach New Media Freestone profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
Peach New Media is a bit of an outlier among the companies featured in this report. Formed through the 2009 merger of Boston Conferencing and Impact Media Solutions (both founded in 2001), the company has traditionally focused on Webinar services and capturing content from place-based conferences. The Freestone platform, however, has moved the company increasingly toward traditional learning management system territory.
A key strength of Freestone is tracking continuing education credit associated with Webinars, teleseminars, Webcasts, and live conferences. Peach has particular experience in the area of continuing legal education but has worked with a range of clients in health care, financial services, and other industries.
- Freestone is based on widgets, making it possible to configure the system in a number of different ways and to turn features on and off easily.
- Peach has integrated popular social media options into the online learning environment. Freestone features modules that enable organizations to integrate content from blogs, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other sources.
- Freestone is viewable on iPads and iPhones, and Peach plans to release additional m-learning support in the second quarter of 2011—learners will be able to stream live or on-demand video and audio content to mobile devices.
- The Peach system allows credit types to be highly customized and supports the sale of credit separate from courses (i.e., the course itself may be free, but if an end user wants credit for the course, then she must pay). Additionally, a range of “industry standard” credit categories are programmed in Freestone to facilitate credit management.
- Since our last report, Peach has launched a new product offering, Freestone Lite, which offers a subset of the full Freestone features at a fixed monthly cost (starting at $195) and is marketed as an alternative for smaller associations, and Peach has added an optional SCORM courses module to provide for the launch and tracking of standards-based online courses created outside the system.
For organizations delivering a lot of Webinar- and place-based learning, Freestone provides a solid platform for delivering and tracking it, and the support of Peach New Media in managing it frees association staff to focus on other areas. For associations with smaller budgets but the same type of needs, Freestone Lite may fit the bill.
To purchase the full Peach New Media profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about Freestone, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find out more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.