LearnSomething Isoph Blue
The following are highlights from the LearnSomething Isoph Blue profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
LearnSomething is the only participating company to submit profiles for two distinct systems: LearnPro+ and Isoph Blue. The Isoph Blue system became a part of the company’s product portfolio in 2005 when LearnSomething acquired Isoph, an association e-learning provider that brought clients like the Society for Human Resource Management and the American Nurses Credentialing Center into the LearnSomething fold.
- Isoph Blue is among the subset of systems featured in this report that offer integrated content authoring capabilities as well as tools for managing facilitated, asynchronous learning experiences.
- Isoph Blue is integrated with the Community Server platform from Telligent, though not all capabilities of Community Server are available to Isoph Blue users. Isoph Blue will be fully integrated with Higher Logic’s Connected Community in the third quarter of 2011.
- Isoph Blue offers a reasonably intuitive set of tools for managing nearly all aspects of the learning environment, from general look and feel of the learning portal, to development of on-demand course modules and facilitated learning experiences.
- Isoph Blue provides some of the most sophisticated credit profile capabilities of any system included in the report. Multiple types of continuing education credit, along with parameters for awarding the credit, can be attached to a single course. The system also automates issuance of certificates and learner access to a transcript.
- Isoph Blue has been integrated—most typically via real-time Web services—with major association management systems like iMIS from Advanced Solutions International, TIMSS and Personify from TMA Resources, CRM for Members from Protech, and netFORUM from Avectra.
- LearnSomething has instructional design and development staff who can develop courses to run on one of its two learning management systems or any other standards-compliant system.
Perhaps more than any other system profiled in this report, Isoph Blue attempts to build a bridge between traditionally corporate approaches to on-demand, self-paced learning and the more facilitated experiences typically associated with academia. While the results are sometimes mixed, the platform does offer an impressive range of capabilities. Additionally, LearnSomething as a company has a solid track record of implementing these capabilities for associations.
To purchase the full LearnSomething Isoph Blue profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about Isoph Blue, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find out more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.