The following are highlights from the Interactyx profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
TOPYX is one of three systems in this report built on the popular open-source learning management system Moodle. TOPYX is relatively new (the platform was launched in January 2009, although the company has been around since 1996), but Interactyx already boasts a bevy of TOPYX clients, including the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
- Interactyx bills TOPYX as a “social learning software solution” that blends features of a traditional LMS with social learning resources, including Web conferencing, chat, calendaring, polls, blogs, shout boxes, and pictures. TOPYX supports social learning at the site, subject, course, or material level.
- TOPYX also provides social networking plug-in compatibility for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Interactyx has partnerships with MindLeaders, KESDEE, and ej4 for content libraries, making it possible for clients to easily add to their own e-learning offerings, and the TOPYX Online Learning Center (TOPYXolc) provides a selling channel.
- TOPYX provides course authoring through the free, embedded myUdutu online authoring tool (http://www.udutu.com/products_myudutu.html). The free price tag removes a key barrier to giving all stakeholders, from subject matter experts to bona-fide techies, access the authoring tool, and an online approach means those stakeholders can collaborate from anywhere.
- If m-learning is important for your audiences, TOPYX can deliver content to most mobile devices.
- Interactyx is experienced in single sign-on. SSO integration with an AMS can range from simple to more complex, where the catalog in TOPYX is suppressed in favor of the AMS interface.
- For unlimited users and unlimited bandwidth, TOPYX costs $18,600 per year, making the platform the least expensive system profiled in this report for 10,000 users and up.
- While the system’s management of credits and certifications is currently weak, Interactyx is in development on a certification release, due out in the second quarter of 2011, that will provide robust certification functionality for TOPYX.
Although Interactyx can’t yet claim deep experience with associations, it has a toehold in the market, and we only expect to see its association client list grow. Given the platform’s full features and affordability, associations with a focus on social learning would be remiss not to consider TOPYX.
To purchase the full Interactyx Profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about Interactyx, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.