Digitec Interactive – Knowledge Direct
The following are highlights from the Digitec Interactive Knowledge Direct profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
Like most companies in this report, Digitec Interactive does not confine its business to the association market, but its learning management system, Knowledge Direct, is offered in a version clearly focused on the needs of associations. Knowledge Direct for Associations provides an integrated shopping cart, automated certificate issuance, and other features relevant to organizations that sell e-learning. Groups like the Professional Association of Diving Instructors, the Construction Financial Management Association, and the Association of Clinical Oncologists use the platform.
- Digitec is among the subset of companies in this report that offer a full range of course design and development services either in concert with or independent of the LMS. It is one of only two companies in the report that focuses on game-based learning, and this focus is reflected in the game interactions available as part of Knowledge Direct’s integrated content authoring tools.
- Digitec Interactive representatives say the company tries to resist the “kitchen sink” approach to an LMS, and this focus shows in Knowledge Direct’s clean administrative interface.
- As part of a standard license, Knowledge Direct provides Direct to Web, a sophisticated authoring tool for converting PowerPoint into interactive training and adding game-like interactions. The authoring capabilities are on par with dedicated PowerPoint conversion tools like Articulate Presenter.
- The course content created in the Knowledge Direct authoring environment can be configured as a podcast or as a mobile learning experience.
- The integrated assessment engine supports “leap” tests for prescriptive learning; if a learner does sufficiently well on a pretest, she can skip certain modules in a course.
- The standard reporting in Knowledge Direct provides for real-time reporting on course sales.
- The integrated support system in Knowledge Direct can route requests to the right person—e.g., instructor, administrator, or Digitec Interactive staff—based on the question asked.
- Knowledge Direct features an integrated platform, Knowledge Direct Live, for delivering live, real-time Webinars.
- The portal auto-detects users’ devices and can serve up content for mobile devices.
Knowledge Direct strikes us as a very easy-to-use system that, in combination with Digitec Interactive’s content development services, covers the full range of capabilities needed for the average association e-learning initiative.
To purchase the full Digitec Interactive profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about Knowledge Direct, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find out more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.