The following are highlights from the Digital Ignite profile in the Association Learning Management Systems report.
Crowd Wisdom is one of five systems in this publication not profiled in our previous report. While Digital Ignite is a relative newcomer (founded in 2005), its management team has been involved for decades in building and managing technology that supports learning—president Tamer Ali and chief technology officer John Sun both worked at VCampus.
- Crowd Wisdom is modern-looking and full-featured, focusing on personalization and social networking along with more basic LMS features.
- Crowd Wisdom provides for assessments through its Himalaya test engine and for evaluations through its Consensus poll and survey engine.
- The platform offers an array of community tools: a widget for displaying the most popular learning content, community Q&A, connect-to-peers functionality, a recommendation engine, and discussion boards, among others.
- Crowd Wisdom was designed with professional development and continuing education in mind, and Digital Ignite has experience managing credits and products of essentially any type.
- Along with Crowd Wisdom, Digital Ignite offers complementary services.
- Digital Ignite’s Learning Media Development Group is comprised of instructional design and multimedia experts who can help associations develop learning material.
- Senior consultants can help formulate strategy and assess effectiveness of learning programs.
- Through its SCORM wrapper technology, Digital Ignite staff can help associations adapt noncompliant content to meet industry interoperability standards while still allowing content developers to use their preferred authoring tools.
Although it can work for learning communities of any size, Crowd Wisdom may be particularly appropriate for larger, more active communities with lots of content, where users engaging with one another and the content and where administrators managing the experience can all reap the full benefit of the automated and social networking features.
To purchase the full Digital Ignite Profile, which features nearly 30 pages of detailed information about Digital Ignite, click the button below. Or, see other individual LMS profiles we offer and find more about the full Association Learning Management Systems report.
Each LMS profile covers the following areas in detail:
- General Company Information
- General LMS Information
- LMS Implementation
- System Requirements
- Integration and Interoperability
- Standards and Guidelines
- Interface Configuration
- Internationalization and Localization
- Search and Catalogs
- Authoring, Managing, and Displaying Learning Content
- In-person, Place-based Courses
- Managing Continuing Education and Certification
- Support for Multiple Sites
- Collaboration and Communication Tools
- Support and Training
- Custom Programming and Content Development
If you have any questions about the contents of this page or about learning management systems in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.